BEST EVER BEEF AND BARLEY SOUP
This soup is very delicious! Truly amazing, and also really healthy! Soup with barley is one of my favorite soups, and my children like it as well. I prefer to prepare a large quantity and save part of it in the freezer. It’s usually a good idea to have some soup in the freezer in case someone falls ill at any time.
Additionally, it may be prepared in a crockpot or slow cooker as well. After browning the meat, combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 4 to 6 hours, or till carrots are tender. This soup is excellent for a brisk winter day in the kitchen. It will fill you up since it is packed with delicious taste! It will be a hit with the youngsters as well!
THIS IS THE LIST OF ALL INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MAKING THE BEST BEEF AND BARLEY SOUP YOU’LL EVER TASTE:
- Boneless chuck roast trimmed, I used 1 Pound; I cut it into
- 1/2-inch pieces.
- 8-ounces of fresh mushrooms.
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced.
- 1½ Cups.Of finely chopped celery.
- A large chopped onion.
- 2 large spoons.Of beef base, mixed with 8 cups.Of water, at
- room temp.
- 2 small bay leaves.
- Uncooked pearl barley; I used 1 cup.
- ½ small spoon.Of table salt.
- ½ small spoon.Of freshly cracked black pepper.
- A large spoon.Of garlic powder.
- 1st Step – To begin, cook the beef in a nonstick frypan over medium heat, turning often, until it is browned all over.
- 2nd Step – Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a crockpot and cover it with sliced carrots, chopped celery, onion, and mushrooms. On top of that, pour in the beef base with water, garlic, and a bay leaf.
- 3rd Step – Simmer on high heat for one hour, then add the pearl barley and reduce the heat to low, continuing to cook until the veggies and meat are cooked.
- 4th Step – After seasoning your soup with salt and freshly cracked pepper, remove the bay leaves and set them aside. Then serve your soup immediately!!