BISQUICK SAUSAGE CHEESE BALLS
Bisquick Sausage Balls are a must-have throughout the holiday season and make the ideal addition to any party buffet. They are a made-from-scratch finger meal that needs just three ingredients and is simple and cheesy to prepare. They are straightforward dishes with a southern flavor that can be made on a budget.
The only ingredients required by the original recipe are sausage, biscuit mix, and cheddar cheese; however, the addition of garlic powder and cayenne pepper, both of which are optional, takes the taste profile to a whole new level of deliciousness. They are certain to make everyone happy!
The use of cayenne pepper is not required in any way, shape, or form, and while Jimmy Dean Sausage is one of my personal favorites, you may substitute it for anything else you choose. You also have the option of eating them in their natural state or having them served with a dipping sauce.
THE INGREDIENTS LIST:
- Bisquick mix; you’ll need 3 cups.
- Light or hot pork sausage; 500 grams.
- Shredded cheddar cheese; I used 400 grams.
- 1/2 Tsp.Of garlic powder.
- 1/4 Tsp.Of cayenne pepper.
• First Step – Turn the temperature in the oven up to 350 degrees F.
• Second Step – Prepare a baking sheet for use in the oven by lining it with parchment paper or lightly greasing it with oil.
• Third Step – Put all of the ingredients into a big bowl and give them a thorough tossing with your hands.
• Fourth Step – Make balls out of the mixture using a scoop measuring about 1 12 tablespoons.
• Fifth Step – Place them on the baking sheet with a distance of approximately 1 inch between each one.
• Sixth Step – Bake them for twenty minutes, or until they acquire a golden brown color.
• If you use too much Bisquick, your sausage balls will have more biscuits than meat, which will make them too dry. When you measure, be careful. Once the mix is in your measuring cup, use the back of a knife to scrape off any extra.
• The recipe says to mix by hand, but if you have a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, you can also use that instead. Slow down when using.
• Sharp cheddar is a classic and delicious cheese, but you can use any other cheese you like. For more flavor, add ranch seasoning or diced jalapenos.