Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup is a velvety and cheesy soup that’s full of potatoes, ground beef, carrots, and other vegetables, among many other ingredients. We all love this cheeseburger soup!
You can’t go wrong with this Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup in your crockpot. Seriously, it’s a multiple-award winner! I’d had this recipe pinned on one of my food boards for quite some time, and I finally got around to making it the other day. It was delicious! After, I was regretting myself for not cooking it sooner after scarfing down two bowls (in about 2 minutes).
Ground beef, potatoes, and carrots are used to make this delicious cheeseburger soup, which is cheesy and creamy in texture and taste. It will keep tummies full and satisfied for a long period after it has been eaten. The soup received acclaim from my husband as well, and this is coming from someone who is not the greatest lover of soup in the world.
- Russet potatoes, I used 4 small-sized, peeled and diced.
- White or yellow onion, a small one, chopped.
- 1 Cup.Of shredded carrots.
- 1/2 Cup.Of diced celery.
- 1 small spoon.Of dried basil.
- 1 small spoon.Of dried parsley.
- 3 Cups.Of chicken broth.
- Lean ground beef, I used one pound
- 3 large spoons.Of butter
- 1/4 Cup.Of all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups.Of 2% milk.
- 1/2 small spoon.Of salt.
- 1/2 small spoon.Of black pepper.
- Cubed Velveeta cheese or 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
– Step 1: In a large crockpot, combine the potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, dry basil, and parsley. And toss the veggies with chicken broth.
– Step 2: Next, cover the pot with a lid, and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high heat for 4 to 5 hours, or until potatoes are cooked, depending on your preference.
– Step 3: Then, cook and crumble ground beef in a large pan over medium-high heat for 45 minutes or until it is ready to be served. Remove any grease that has accumulated on the surfaces.
– Step 4: Fill the crock cooker halfway with cooked ground meat. Remove the heated skillet from the heat and carefully wipe it off with a paper towel before adding the butter.
– Step 5: Cook until golden brown and bubbly, whisking in flour as needed, until the mixture is smooth and mixed (about 1 minute.) Add the milk, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
– Step 6: After that, you need to pour the mixture into the crockpot and whisk everything together.
– Step 7: Then, add the shredded or cubed Velveeta cheese to the slow cooker. Re-stir the mixture.
– Step 8: And to finish, cook for another 30 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, after covering with a lid. Once done cooking, serve the soup immediately!!!