INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MAKING THIS AMAZING SOUP:
1 Lb.Of lean beef stew meat, cubed.
2 Tbsp.Of vegetable oil.
1 finely chopped onion.
2 garlic cloves, minced.
2 diced carrots.
2 diced celery stalks.
2 potatoes cubed.
1 Cup.Of green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces.
1 Cup.Of corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned).
1 Cup.Of peas (fresh or frozen).
1 (14-oz) can.Of diced tomatoes.
8 Cups.Of beef broth (homemade or store-bought).
2 bay leaves.
1 Tsp.Of dried thyme.
Salt and black pepper to taste.
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat. After a few minutes, add the meat cubes and fry them until they are browned on both sides. This procedure contributes to the improvement of the soup’s taste.
2. After the meat has browned, add the chopped onion and garlic that have been minced to the saucepan. Sauté the onions for a few minutes, or until they turn translucent and aromatic, whichever comes first.
3. Combine the chopped carrots, celery, potatoes, green beans, corn, and peas by stirring them into the soup. To add more dimension to the taste, add the bay leaves and the dried thyme.
4. After the beef broth has been added to the saucepan, check to see that all of the veggies and meat are covered by the liquid. Bring the mixture up to a low simmer before serving.
5. When it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to a low setting, cover the pot, and let the soup simmer for approximately an hour and a half to two hours. Because of this, the meat can become soft, and all of the tastes can come together. Stir the mixture on periodically and remove any contaminants that float to the top.
6. After stirring in the diced tomatoes, continue to boil the mixture for another 15–20 minutes with the tomatoes and their juices.
7. You should taste the soup and then season it to your liking with salt and black pepper. Take the bay leaves out of the dish.
8. Place dishes on the table and ladle the steaming hot Vegetable Beef Soup into them. If you so want, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese. Savor the healthful sweetness and soul-satisfying tastes of your homemade Vegetable Beef Soup by pairing it with some crusty bread or crackers and serving it to your guests.