LOW-CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
A cheeseburger for dinner is a favorite of every child. Just don’t tell them that this one is a healthy version!
This is my son’s favorite supper recipe, and he’s just 13 years old. It’s also his favorite dish, which he intends to prepare on a weekly basis on his cooking night (yes, each of my kiddos and hubby has a cooking night).
A cheeseburger casserole has all of your favorite flavors of a standard cheeseburger but does not include the traditional carbohydrates, hamburger bun, or fries that are found in a regular cheeseburger. Wanna know how to make this amazing « Low-Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole », gather all the ingredients needed and follow me:
- 800 grams.Of ground beef.
- 2 garlic cloves, I minced them.
- ½ Tsp.Of onion powder.
- Cooked chopped bacon, I used 400 grams.
- 8 whole eggs.
- 1 Cup.Of heavy whipping cream.
- ½ Tsp.Of salt.
- ¼ Tsp.Of ground black pepper.
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, I used a 12-oz Pkg.
- 1st Step: The oven should be preheated at 350 degrees F. (=175 degrees C).
- 2nd Step: Using a large skillet, cook the ingredients over medium-high heat. Cook and mix the beef with the garlic and onion powder for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it is browned and crumbly. Drain the grease and throw it away.
- 3rd Step: At this step, you should spread the beef on the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole pan, then add in the bacon chunks and mix well.
- 4th Step: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper until thoroughly blended. 8 ounces of Cheddar cheese should be added at this point.
- 5th Step: After that, toss the meat and bacon with the egg mixture before serving. Finish with the remaining 4 ounces of cheese on top.
- 6th Step: Pop in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown in the, depending on how large your pan is.