This cheesy meatball casserole is easy to make, requires a few special ingredients, and is perfect for a chilly winter night. You may either use frozen or fresh meatballs.
When you have a craving for comfort food but don’t feel like putting in a lot of work, it might be difficult to choose what to prepare for yourself. That problem is solved with this dish! In a little more than half an hour, you can have this bubbling hot and delicious casserole ready for the whole family to enjoy. Additionally, the cost is not too high.
In this dish, you may use whichever sort of meatballs you like best. I used a pre-made box of frozen meatballs from the grocery, but you could also make them yourself. The most exciting part? This dish may even be prepared while the meatballs are still frozen in the freezer. You don’t have to hang around while they defrost!
This casserole should be consumed as soon as it is made, but it may be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days. You may reheat leftovers in the microwave until they are well heated, or you can throw them in the oven if they are still in the casserole dish. However, since the noodles may become less firm after being frozen and thawed, I would not advocate preserving any leftovers.
FOR THIS CASSEROLE YOU’LL NEED:
- Uncooked egg noodles; I used 3 cups.
- Frozen or fresh meatballs; use 24-ounces.
- 1 Tbsp.Of olive oil.
- 1/2 medium onion – chopped.
- 3 cloves garlic – minced.
- 3 cups.Of marinara sauce.
- Salt and pepper to your preferences.
- 2 cups.Of shredded mozzarella cheese.
METHOD OF WORK:
- 1st Step – Put the oven rack in the uppermost third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2nd Step – After cooking the noodles for one to two minutes shorter than what is recommended on the box, rinse them and place them in a casserole dish that is 9 by 13 inches in size.
- 3rd Step – In the meanwhile, place the onion and olive oil in a pan and cook it over medium-high heat. Cook for around four to five minutes. After approximately a minute has passed, stir in the garlic while continuing to simmer.
- 4th Step – Marinara sauce and meatballs should be heated completely after being added to the dish. When utilizing frozen meatballs, it is essential to heat them until they are no longer frozen solid before eating them.
- 5th Step – Keep an eye on it and give it a swirl every once in a while it’s cooking over medium heat (or decrease it if it’s bubbling too much). To check whether or not a meatball is completely defrosted, you may halve it.
- 6th Step – Then, after pouring the contents of the pan into the casserole dish, add half of the cheese, mixing it all together, seasoning it with salt and pepper at this stage, and spreading it out evenly.
- 7th Step – Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the casserole, then bake it uncovered for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- 8th Step – To give the cheese a browned appearance, you may broil the dish for a few minutes.