OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE BLOOMIN ONION RECIPE
The bloomin’ onion from Outback Steakhouse is a dish that is not only easy to create but also really tasty. The onion is sliced in such a manner that it gives the impression that it has opened its flowers. After that, it is dipped in batter and then coated in seasoned flour before being fried to a golden crisp.
The Outback Steakhouse’s bloomin’ onion is by far the most common choice on the restaurant’s menu. Simply an onion that has been cut in such a manner that it looks like a flower blooming. It is crispy, tasty, and quite simple to create at home alone on one’s lonesome. Don’t trust me? Continue reading, and you will find out.
The bloomin’ onion has been on the menu at Outback Steakhouse for the entire time that the restaurant has been in operation, which is a fact that is well recognized. The fact that they are still using this recipe as evidence that it is fantastic and has withstood the test of time is evidence that it is a winner.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion? Here is the list of everything you’ll need:
- Sweet Onion; I used 4large-sized.
- 1½ Cup.Of all-purpose Flour.
- ⅓ Cup.Of Cornstarch.
- 2 small spoons.Of minced Garlic.
- Beer; you’ll need 12-ounces. Use your favorite!!!
- 2 small spoons.Of smoked Paprika.
- 2 small spoons.Of black Pepper.
- 1 small spoon.Of Salt.
FOR MAKING THE SEASONED FLOUR, YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 Cups.Of all-purpose Flour.
- 4 small spoons.Of smoked Paprika.
- 2 small spoons.Of Garlic Powder.
- ½ small spoon.Of black Pepper.
- ½ small spoon.Of Cayenne Pepper.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING THE OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE BLOOMIN’ ONION:
- 1st Step: To begin, start by slicing off the top of the onion, and then proceed to peel it. Cut the onion into approximately 16 wedges, making sure not to cut all the way through. Also, take out the middle and spread the petals out a bit.
- 2nd Step: After that, put the flour and cornstarch into a big basin and mix them together. Also, add garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper and combine.
- 3rd Step: After, add the beer to the bowl, and using your hands, thoroughly combine the ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- 4th Step: To prepare the seasoning, combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a separate bowl.
- 5th Step: Next, coat the onion with flour that has been seasoned. It should then be dipped in the batter after being shaken to remove any excess flour. Repeat the process of coating it with seasoned flour.
- 6th Step: Put the onion in the fryer basket, then heat the deep fryer to 400 degrees, and fried the onion until it is golden brown. Fry it for another minute and a half after turning it over after the first minute and a half has passed.
- 7th Step: After that, remove the onion from the pan and use paper towels to soak up any extra oil in the pan.
- 8th Step: Put it in a shallow dish, use a round cutter to cut out the middle, and serve immediately.