PIONEER WOMAN SAUSAGE GRAVY
This sausage gravy dish from The Pioneer Woman is rich and it will fill you up. In addition to milk, flour, and salt & pepper to taste, it also has ingredients such as sausage, bacon, and onions. It is simple to prepare and works well for either breakfast or brunch on the weekend.
When I was a kid, my mother used to make the most delicious sausage gravy. We would spread it over biscuits in the morning, and she would also occasionally use it to cover some potatoes. Just thinking about it makes my salivary glands work overtime. Mmm.
The dish that you make from this recipe may only need a few basic ingredients, but it turns out to be really mouthwatering. This winter, if you’re searching for a dish that will keep you warm and snug as you eat, then you should definitely give this recipe for sausage gravy a try!
Everyone I know, including my family and friends, can’t get over how tasty it is. They won’t stop asking me for the recipe, but I’m not one to spill the beans on my techniques. That brown sauce is all mine to keep!
THE INGREDIENTS LIST:
- Mild ground breakfast sausage; I used approx. 500 grams.
- ½ small spoons.Of Garlic powder.
- All-purpose flour; I used ⅓ a cup.
- Whole milk; you’ll need 3 cups.
- 8 Biscuits; ready to use.
- To season, I used sea Salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- First Step – On the stovetop, use a pan heated to a medium-high temperature to fully brown the beef.
- Second Step – After adding the flour to the pan, give it a good swirl to mix everything. Turn the temperature down to medium.
- Third Step – In addition to the garlic powder, mix in some freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste. Give everything a good stir.
- Fourth Step – After incorporating the whole milk with a whisk, continue to simmer the sauce until it has reached the desired consistency.
- Fifth Step – Serve immediately over the prepared biscuits.