POPEYE’S SPICY CHICKEN RECIPE
Now you can make your own Popeyes Buttermilk fried chicken at home. This very crunchy and tender dish tastes a thousand times better when it’s prepared from scratch!
Here’s the best, crispy Fried chicken if you’ve been wanting fried chicken sandwiches. On the surface, it has a highly crispy texture, while on the interior, it is soft and juicy and laden with various spices. It’s about as near as you can get to the world-famous Popeyes chicken, which is now unavailable everywhere, but in my view, it’s SO MUCH BETTER and it’s incredibly simple to make at home!
The use of buttermilk lends the chicken a true southern flavor and assists in the formation of the crust’s characteristic crinkles, which contribute to the chicken’s extra-crispy texture. In comparison to coating the chicken in flour alone, the use of cornstarch helps the crust become very crunchy while yet keeping a soft texture. If you don’t have any cornstarch at home, you may use more flour and one tablespoon of baking powder for it. But, I do strongly recommend that you use it since it will provide the greatest results.
THE INGREDIENTS LIST:
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts; I used 2.
- Buttermilk; I used 210 milliliters.
- 1 small spoon.Of paprika.
- 1 small spoon.Of garlic powder.
- 1 small spoon.Of black pepper.
- 1 small spoon.Of salt.
FOR THE BREADING YOU’LL NEED:
- All-purpose flour; I used 1 cup.
- ½ Cup.Of corn starch.
- 1 Large spoon.Of paprika.
- 1 Large spoon.Of garlic powder.
- 1 Large spoon.Of onion powder.
- 1 Large spoon.Of cayenne pepper.
- 1st Step – Pound the chicken breasts while they are sandwiched between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- 2nd Step – To produce two bite-sized pieces of chicken that are about comparable in size to the bread, cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise.
- 3rd Step – Mix together the buttermilk, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 4th Step – Mix all of the ingredients, then add the chicken and marinate for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator, or use immediately.
- 5th Step – Warm the oil in a big heavy-duty skillet or saucepan over medium heat or until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit, whichever comes first.
- 6th Step – Mix the flour, cornstarch, and spices together in a medium-sized basin that is shallow. Mix the buttermilk batter with the flour combination using a fork after drizzling a few tablespoons or so into the flour mixture.
- 7th Step – Dip the chicken in the flour mixture, working with one piece at a time, then press more flour onto the top of each piece of chicken to produce a thick crust.
- 8th Step – To cook the chicken, place it in the heated oil and fry it for three to five minutes on each side, or until it is golden and crispy and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenhei