POTATO CAKES WITH LEFTOVER MASHED POTATOES!!!
Leftover mashed potatoes do not need to be a tedious re-warmed afterthought on day 2 of the week, regardless of whether it is the winter holidays, the spring bashes, or simply any night of the week. You can now transform those leftover mashed potatoes into the ultimate Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes with just a few simple steps.
Potato pancakes that are hot, crunchy, and topped with tart sour cream — what’s not to love about that? You can whip this up in a flash and it’s completely adaptable, so you can make it your own. Let us now prepare it together, and I’m sure that it will be one of your favorite recipes!!!
- Leftover mashed potatoes; I used 3 cups – chilled!
- 2/3 Cup.Of shredded cheddar cheese.
- 2 Tbsp.Of chopped scallions; preferably both green and white parts!!
- A lightly beaten egg.
- 3 Tbsp.Of all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 Cup.Of all-purpose flour.
- Vegetable oil, for frying.
- 1st Step – Mix the mashed potatoes, cheese, scallions, egg, and three tablespoons of flour together in a large bowl until everything is evenly distributed.
- 2nd Step – You may use your hands to do this, but first, divide the mixture into 12 equal parts. Flatten each part into a pancake with a thickness of about half an inch by first rolling it into a tight ball.
- 3rd Step – In a shallow dish, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of flour and the baking powder. Dredge each pancake in the flour mixture.
- 4th Step – Over medium heat, bring a big sauté pan’s worth of vegetable oil up to temperature, which should be between three and four tablespoons. (Add enough oil to cover the base of the pan in a thin layer completely.)
- 5th Step – Fry the pancakes in small batches until they get a golden brown color and a crisp texture on both sides, which should take around three to four minutes. If necessary, add extra oil to the pan in between rounds of cooking. (Do not overload the pan with too many pancakes, and do not turn the pancakes before they have a chance to produce a crisp crust.)
- 6th Step – After removing the pancakes from the pan, place them on a platter lined with a paper towel and season them with salt right away.
- 7th Step – You may serve the potato pancakes with sour cream on top and some more chopped scallions as a garnish.