ROAST, POTATOES, CARROTS & ONIONS
The ideal beef roast, along with potatoes and carrots, is a dinner that doesn’t need much effort and is one that the whole family will love. A beef roast seasoned with dijon mustard and herbs is cooked low and slow with onions, potatoes, and carrots.
If you’re searching for a supper that you can simply prepare and then forget about, you’re in the right place. This beef roast recipe for the slow cooker is sure to become one of your favorites. After adding the last of the ingredients in the morning, the dish is left to simmer on low heat until dinnertime.
The beef roast with dijon mustard and fresh herbs is rich with flavor, and it cooks up luscious and fall-apart tender. Your beef roast will be served with potatoes, carrots, and onions that have been coarsely chopped and thrown in with the meat. You can make this beef roast for a quick weekday supper, for dinner on Sunday, or whenever you’re in the need of something warm and comforting to eat.
THE INGREDIENTS LIST;
- A large onion; cut into wedges.
- 1 Pound.Of carrots: cut them into large pieces.
- 1½ Pounds.Of small potatoes.
- 4 garlic cloves – minced.
- A Cup.Of beef broth.
- 2 Tbsp.Of dijon mustard.
- 1 tsp.Of salt.
- 1 tsp.Of dried thyme.
- ½ tsp.Of dried rosemary.
- ½ tsp.Of black pepper.
- A 4 pounds chuck roast.
- 1 Tbsp.Of cornstarch.
- Step 1 – To begin, add the sliced onion, carrots, potatoes, and garlic to a slow cooker that has a capacity of 6 quarts, and then over them pour the beef stock.
- Step 2 – Next, you need to mix together in a bowl the dijon mustard, thyme, and rosemary, along with the salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Brush the beef roast with the mustard paste on both sides, and then set it in the slow cooker on top of the veggies.
- Step 4 – At this point, cook the beef roast, covered, over low heat for 8 to 10 hours (or on high heat for 5 to 6 hours), or until it is tender. This may depend on the size and shape of the roast that you are using.
- Step 5 – Mix cornstarch with anywhere from one to two teaspoons of water and set aside. This step is optional.
- Step 6 – After removing the roast from the slow cooker, add the cornstarch mixture to the beef broth and whisk to create a gravy using the thickened liquid.
- If you have any leftovers, you can keep them in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- If you want to add small chopped pieces of potatoes and carrots, the best time to do so is during the final two to three hours of cooking (to prevent mushy vegetables).