SHRIMP TORTELLINI ALFREDO SKILLET
Many of you are aware that I am not a huge fan of seafood, but, like any good parent, I make an effort to include seafood into our dinner meals at least once a week. I say that allowing children to see their parents eating foods that they may not enjoy is a good idea. Instead, it inspires small lessons in them that are not readily evident. To put it another way, show them that people do things that they do not necessarily want to do to make a living. Aside from that, I have a habit to sneak veggies into things that people are not aware of.
A meal like this Cheesy Shrimp Alfredo Tortellini will be one that you will not want to forget anytime soon. So creamy and cheesy, and absolutely delicious. Yes, I did state that it was delicious. Wouldn’t it be great if there were more recipes like these? This recipe will provide you with perfectly cooked Tortellini and extremely tender shrimp in a savory tomato sauce.
Using a delectable combination of shrimp, pasta, Alfredo sauce, and veggies, you can whip up a fast and simple supper that can be frozen or reheated for lunch the following day. It can be served on its own or with garlic bread or breadsticks as a side dish. It is possible to freeze food for up to three months.
HERE IS THE LIST OF ALL ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS, BUT YOU CAN FEEL FREE TO ADD WHATEVER YOU LIKE:
- 450 grams.Of frozen baby shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 1/2 Cup.Of softened butter, equal to one stick.
- Heavy cream, I used one pint.
- Cream cheese, I used 120 grams.
- ¼ Cup.Of chopped leek.
- ¾ Cup.Of grated parmesan.
- 1 small spoon.Of garlic powder.
- Ground black pepper and table salt, to your liking.
- Cheese tortellini, I used 450 grams.
- 1 small spoon.Of chopped fresh parsley.
METHOD OF WORK:
- 1st Step – Using a strainer, drain frozen shrimp and pour cold water over it to thaw.
- 2nd Step – In a pan, melt a small spoon of butter over medium-high heat and cook the shrimp until they are brilliant pink on the top and the center is opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes, taking care not to overcook them in the meantime.
- 3rd Step – In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, and leek. It should take no more than 5 minutes to melt and combine everything.
- 4th Step – Combine the Parmesan, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Cook the Alfredo sauce over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5th Step – Add the tortellini and cook until the tortellini is heated for approximately 5 minutes, then toss the shrimp in the sauce, making sure they are fully coated.
- 6th Step – Last but not least, serve your dish immediately after garnishing with parsley.
Take pleasure in it!