SUPER SOFT CROISSANTS
Here’s a simple croissant recipe for the greatest handmade pastries you’ve ever had. These croissants are really incredible. They have a crispy outside, a buttery and flaky inside, and a wonderful golden hue. They are the ideal sweet treat for brunch or breakfast.
The dough used to make croissants is yeast leavened and layered. In the traditional method of making croissants, the dough is layered with butter, rolled and folded many times in succession, and then formed into a sheet once more.
But in this recipe, we are going to create these amazing croissants using a new and easier way, which takes very less time and work than the conventional method, and we are going to do this using a more straightforward method.
To prepare these simple croissants, we do not need any specialized tools or ingredients. The ingredients are simple and may be obtained with little effort. It is possible to freeze the croissant pastry sheets. Let’s have a look at how to prepare these delicious croissants in just three easy steps, shall we?
THE INGREDIENTS LIST:
- 400 grams.Of all-purpose Flour.
- 260 milliliters.Of almond Milk.
- 200 grams.Of Butter – unsalted.
- 4 Tbsp.Of granulated Sugar.
- 1/4 Tsp.Of Salt.
- 1 Tsp.Of Yeast Active dry yeast.
- A large beaten Egg.
- 1 Tsp.Of almond Milk.
- 1st Step – Mix 1 tsp of active dried yeast with 260 ml of warm milk, 4 tbsp of sugar, and the milk’s natural yeast nutrient. Add a pinch of salt to 400 grams of flour.
- 2nd Step – In a large bowl, combine the wet and dry ingredients until you get a dough that is homogeneous and equally moistened.
- 3rd Step – Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until it has doubled in size. After proving, divide the dough into 12 equal halves using the Degas method.
- 4th Step – To form each piece of dough into a disc, roll it out to a diameter of around 16–18 centimeters and a thickness of no more than 2 millimeters.
- 5th Step – Place the disc on a sheet of plastic film and repeat the same procedure for the next piece, stacking it on top of the previous disc, and repeat for the other dough pieces.
- 6th Step – As the butter is now extremely soft, we must freeze it for 30 to 35 minutes so that it is not too soft and is flexible, making it easier to work with the dough.
- 7th Step – They are rolled into a large rectangular sheet. Using a knife or pizza cutter, divide them into smaller triangles. Form the dough into croissants.
- 8th Step – Give another egg wash and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes before reducing the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for a further 8 to 12 minutes.
- 9th Step – After baking, the croissants will be wonderfully caramelized, flaky, buttery, and tasty. Now you can prepare croissants similar to those seen in bakeries using a simple process. Happy Baking!