THE EASIEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLIDERS
If you’re at all like me at this period of the year, you’re probably looking for easy recipes that feed your small family. At this time of year, I am all about simple recipes, whether it be for a get-together with my neighbors for game day or for a fun white elephant gift exchange with my family. And while I love ordering takeout from our favorite local restaurants, sometimes I just want to make a bunch of simple dishes like sandwiches and dips that people can help themselves to.
These Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are a great option for a fun and simple weekday supper as well as game-day finger food! You may now enjoy a bite-sized version of your go-to cheesesteak sandwich, complete with all of its unique tastes.
THE INGREDIENTS LIST:
- 2 Pkgs.Of sweet rolls.
- 2 Tbsp.Of olive oil.
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced it thinly.
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced it thinly.
- Shaved steak; I used 14-ounces.
- ½ Cup.Of jarred cheese dip.
- 2 Tbsp.Of melted butter
- 1 Tsp.Of dried parsley.
- Fresh black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
- 1st Step – Bring the temperature in the oven up to 350 degrees. Spray cooking spray on a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- 2nd Step – Use a knife with a serrated edge to cut each packet of rolls equally in half, like you would a bagel, separating the tops from the bottoms of the rolls as you go. This should be done without first separating the individual rolls. Put the bottoms into the baking dish that has been prepared, but put the tops aside for now.
- 3rd Step – Place a medium skillet on the stove over medium heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the onion and bell pepper after the oil has reached the desired temperature, and then season with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- 4th Step – Cook the onions until they become translucent, then reduce the heat and caramelize the onions and peppers while tossing them constantly. Reduce the heat even more if the onions begin to brown.
- 5th Step – While the onions and peppers are cooking, prepare a big pan or skillet on high heat with the remaining olive oil and season the sliced steak generously with salt and pepper. During this time, the onions and peppers will finish cooking.
- 6th Step – When the oil has reached the desired temperature, gently place the meat in the pan, and then rapidly sear the sliced steak for one to two minutes at a time, just until it is browned. There is no need to worry if your steak is not cooked all the way through. Place the steak that has been cooked to the side in a large bowl.
- 7th Step – And now, when the onions and peppers have reached the desired level of browning, transfer them to the dish containing the cooked steak and give everything a little stir to mix.
- 8th Step – Place the cheese dip in a dish that is suitable for the microwave, and heat it in the microwave for thirty seconds, or until it is warm and can be spread without difficulty.
- 9th Step – Spread the cheese dip on both cut sides of the sliced bread rolls. Then, place the steak and vegetables in a uniform layer on top of the bottom buns, then cover with the tops of the rolls.
- 10th Step – Mix the dry herb into the melted butter, then brush it all over the tops of the rolls in an equal layer.
- 11th Step – Bake in the oven for fifteen to twenty minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sliders are hot.