When I first had blueberry biscuits, I was at a bed and breakfast with my husband before the birth of our first child. It was the first time I had ever had warm biscuits that were coated with a sticky glaze and included wonderful blueberries within the biscuits. Heaven.
Blueberry biscuits are topped with a sweet and sticky sauce that is both buttery and luscious. These blueberry drop biscuits are such a delightfully tasty treat for the morning!
HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GET STARTED MAKING SOME BLUEBERRY BISCUITS!
- 250 grams.Of All-purpose flour.
- 2 Tsp.Of Baking powder.
- 1 Tsp.Of Kosher Salt.
- 1 Tbsp.Of granulated Sugar.
- 6 Tbsp.Of Unsalted butter – cold from the fridge.
- Buttermilk; I used one cup.
- ⅔ Cup.Of fresh Blueberries.
- Step 1: Set the oven to 425 degrees and put parchment paper on a baking sheet. For 10 minutes, put the butter in the freezer.
- Step 2: After washing and drying the blueberries well, put them in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon of flour to help soak up any extra liquid.
- Step 3: Put the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into a large bowl. To accurately measure flour, use a spoon to scoop some out of the bag and put it in the cup.
- Step 4: Then, use a butter knife to level off the top. Mix the dry ingredients together and set them aside.
- Step 5: After 10 minutes in the freezer, take the butter out and grate it with a cheese grater. Add the butter to the dry ingredients and use your fingers to break up any big clumps. This helps the butter gets spread out evenly in the dough.
- Step 6: Stir the buttermilk into the biscuit dough until the flour is just mixed in. Be careful not to mix the biscuits too much, because that can make them tough and hard.
- Step 7: Quickly mix the blueberries into the dough. The blueberries should be spread out evenly in the dough, but try not to work with the dough too much.
- Step 8: Using a quarter-cup measure, make 10 drop biscuits and place them on the pan so that they are touching. The dough will stick together a bit.
- Step 9: Bake in the oven for 15–18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and just starting to brown.