PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CASSEROLE
It’s easy to make this low-carb Philly cheesesteak casserole, which takes a traditional American dish and makes it healthier. Also, this cheesesteak casserole is good because it is easy and quick to make. The whole family will enjoy it, and it will be a good meal.
What about a classic Philly cheesesteak? Have you ever tried one? Finely minced beef, flavorful peppers and onions, and melty cheese are all piled high on a carb-heavy bread and served hot. Yummy? Definitely!
So, what exactly do you need to prepare this simple and delectable casserole?
In this recipe, green bell peppers are generally used, but you may use a combination of red and green bell peppers if you choose. You may use either yellow or white onions for this recipe; yellow onions will be sweeter and caramelize more quickly, but white onions will retain more bite long after cooking.
If you like a stronger taste, you might use a couple of cloves of freshly minced garlic added to the onions and peppers at the end of the cooking process instead of the garlic powder, but the powder here provides a delicate flavor that enriches rather than overpowers the dish.
And don’t forget the salt and pepper — these are essential components of a genuinely superb Philly cheesesteak sandwich, and the tastes will complement one another well.
THE INGREDIENTS LIST:
- Ground Chuck, I used 2 pounds – browned and well-drained from excess grease.
- 1 Tbsp.Of Oil, optional.
- 2 medium Bell Peppers, you need to slice them.
- 2 Small sliced Onions.
- Cream Cheese, I used an 8-ounces Pkg softened.
- ½ Tsp.Of Garlic Powder.
- Salt and Pepper, to your liking.
- Provolone Cheese Slices, I used 2.
- Step 1 – To begin the preparation of this Philly Cheese Steak Casserole, your oven should be heated first to 350 degrees F. And prepare a 9×13 casserole dish by spraying it with canola oil.
- Step 2 – Secondly, you need to cook the ground beef in a large pan over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes, and drain the ground beef to get rid of the grease. If all of the fat has been taken from the skillet, drizzle in the canola oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Step 3 – At this point, you need to cook the onions and peppers in a pan over medium-high heat, tossing periodically, until the onions and peppers are tender. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Step 4 – Now, it’s time to add the cooked ground beef, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a pan over medium heat. Using a whisk, mix all of the ingredients. Prepare a casserole dish by transferring the ingredients to it.
- Step 5 – After that, you must layer the provolone cheese slices to the top of the dish, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling, depending on your oven.
One of the best things about ground beef casseroles is how simple it is to prepare a meal. It’s possible to cook this for supper today, but it may also be prepared ahead of time for a busy night. To save time, brown the ground beef and chop up the vegetables ahead of time if this is on your weekly menu and you know it will be a busy one. On the weekends, it’s a simple way to prepare for a long week.