WENDY’S CHILI RECIPE
Wendy’s Chili Copycat prepared with kidney beans, chopped white onions, chilies, green bell peppers, and tomatoes, as well as a spicy chili powder and spices, is one of the best old dishes that I love from time to time. Copycat to the extreme!
Wendy’s Chili is a no-brainer now that the weather is starting to cool down quickly. This copycat recipe is truly so spot on that when I tested it on my aunt who absolutely adores it she replied, WHAT A DELIGHT!!! She really enjoyed it!!
Wendy’s Chili seems to be a difficult dish to prepare, but the most challenging part is just waiting for it to simmer on low heat for an extended period.
Throughout the years, the recipe has evolved a little, but this copycat version is a fantastic imitation of the original recipe that was served in the early 1990s. For the topping, you can add some finely chopped onions and cheddar cheese, exactly as you would get in the restaurant!!
Ground beef; I used approx. 1 kilo.
2 chopped stalks.Of celery.
A medium chopped onion.
1 chopped green bell pepper.
Stewed tomatoes; I used 3 cans, 14-oz each.
Diced tomatoes with green chiles; I used a ROTEL can of 10-oz.
Canned tomato sauce, use a 14-oz can.
Water at room temp. You’ll need one cup.
2 large spoons.Of olive oil.
Chili seasoning, you’ll need to packets.
Undrained « Kidney » beans, use a 14-oz can.
Undrained « Pinto » beans, use a 14-oz can.
Salt and ground black pepper, to season.
A large spoon.Of white vinegar, you can use more if desired.
– Step 1: In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
– Step 2: Press the ground beef into the heated oil to make a single large patty; cook until the bottom is browned, for around 8 to 10 minutes.
– Step 3: Cook, stirring, and breaking up the ground beef into crumbles until the meat is no longer pink, it takes approximately 5 additional minutes.
– Step 4: In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté ground beef until onion is transparent, approximately 5 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes, canned diced tomatoes with green chiles, tomato sauce, and one cup of water at room temp, stirring constantly, until beef is well cooked.
– Step 5: Then, remove big chunks of stewed tomatoes from the pan and break them up into smaller pieces. Add in the chili spice and mix well.
– Step 6: At this point, you need to add the kidney beans and pinto beans into the chili mixture, season with black pepper, salt, and cumin, and bring to a simmer.
– Step 7: To finish, reduce the heat to low and let it cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally until it’s done cooking.